Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Google Chrome




Google has just introduced their very own browser, Google Chrome.  So I downloaded it yesterday and give it a try. Well, I'm very satisfied with it, I mean in term of looks. I use office LAN connection and my company control the windows update so they only provide me with IE 6 which is pretty suck. Firefox even can't load page, I assume that our IT department block the Firefox usage. But, this Chrome can get through our LAN connection and it is better than IE 6.

The bad side of Chrome is that it doesn't has so many option like in Firefox. There is no "stop" button and the progress bar doesn't show how long it will take to load the intended page.

However, Google introduced Incognito mode where it will not save your browsing history, cache and password. The address bar also can be use as search bar and it is autoed to Google Search Engine. Furthermore, page history snapshots appeared rather than blank screen in IE or Firefox.

On the bright side, it is a good start for Google to challenge Microsoft and Mozilla in browser war. Well at least we as a user have option to choose, rather than stuck with IE. I am pretty sure there will be Chrome upgrade in the near future and as of now, I'll take Chrome.

You can download Google Chrome here.

~murshidism~


Get Chitika Premium

No comments: