Monday, September 1, 2008

EPL Wrap Up: Week 3


Barclay's Premier League Week 3 result:


Bolton 0 - 0 West Brom
Everton 0 - 3 Portsmouth
Hull City 0 - 5 Wigan
Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Stoke City
West Ham 4 - 1 Blackburn
Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle
Chelsea 1 - 1 Tottenham
Sunderland 0 - 3 Man City
Aston Villa 0 - 0 Liverpool

I got 30 points for Fantasy League this week which is the lowest so far and my ranking in MK League and Maxis League dropped to 9th and 12th respectively. I should have bought Wigan's Amr Zaki last week.

Liverpool continued their unimpressive display with Torres injured on 24th minute and replaced by Ngog. He Had one good chance with a strike above the post. Arsenal showed some promise after thrashing Newcastle 3-0 thanks to two-goal Robin Van Persie and Denilson. They continued their impressive run after 4-0 thumping of FC Twente in Champion's League Qualifier.

I have to start considering Portsmouth again as I did last season. Actually most of my Fantasy League Player were consist of 3 Portsmouth players such as David James, Sol Campbell and Sylvain Distin. Lucky enough I didn't picked them up on 1st and 2nd week but this week they showed their quality. Elsewhere, Shaun Wright-Phillips scored two goals on his return to Manchester City.

For 4th Week, my plan is to replace uneffective Anelka and Santa Cruz, kick Geovanni out and restructuring my defense. Huh....another massive points will be deducted :(
~Murshidism~




No comments: