Monday, October 20, 2008

Kuching Trip: Canvassing

This is actually a work trip, I have been paid to drive all over Kuching and area outside Kuching. I covered roads to Bau, Lundu, Biawak (one of the Kalimantan border crossing points), Pang Stungkor, up north until Sematan and down south to Siburan, Panchor, Serian, Gedong, Balai Ringin, Bunan Gega, Tebedu and Padawan. Arrived in Kuching on Tuesday 14th and headed to Merdeka Palace. Realized Kuching got a new International Airport and it was quite impressive.
By the way, Merdeka Palace Hotel sucks and I moved to Sommerset Kuching which was nearer to Kuching town centre.

I took three days to cover all the routes and it was a wonderful journey journey yet tiring.



I had to take a ferry somewhere near Telega Air towards Sebigo. It reminds me about my journey to Can Tho from Ho Chi Minh City where I had to cross a river for 15 minutes via ferry.

It took around 2 hours to reach Sematan at north and we had a lunch there at Dataran Sematan.



Continued my journey back to Kuching through different route crossing Pang Stungkor and Bau.


Total distance covered for the first day was 300 km.

The next day we jouneyed south to Siburan, Panchor, Serian, Tebedu, Balai Ringin (roads to Sri Aman), Bunan Gega, Tebedu and Padawan. It was a challenging gravel road from Balai Ringin to Bunan Gega and connecting to Tebakang before we made it back to Serian.

The last day we spent canvassing Kuching town including north area such as Sejingkat, Damai Beach, Santubong and Kota Samarahan.


We had a seafood lunch at restaurant near Santubong beach. 



Overall, it was a nice experience travelling in Kuching with beautiful and breathtaking view,  a totally different experience.

~murshidism~

No comments: