Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Aidil Fitri Gathering and Celebration Part 1: Bukit Sireh

his year we celebrated Aidil Fitri at my hometown, Kuala Krai. We started our journey home on Monday night and arrived at Bukit Sireh around 4.30am Tuesday (one day before Hari Raya). It's been a while that I didn't drive at night as I always done before married and I was quite afraid of traffic jam and tiredness but Alhamdulillah everything gone smoothly. I had a smooth ride after having cuppa Hazelnut Old Town White coffee and double boiled eggs. The caffeine lasted until we arrived at Kelantan and didn't feel sleepy at all.

For Hari Raya, we prepared satay, nasi himpit and peanut sauce (kuah kacang). The best part was preparing satay on raya eve with my brothers, nephews and nieces. Sarah having bad time with her allergies and asthma that night, me and my wife had to stay up until Sarah slept at 3am.
On the Raya morning, I woke up @ 8am...can hear Tasbih Raya from afar, had a quick morning bath, wore new baju melayu and headed to surau for solat Aidil Fitri. Luckily I can squeezed in the surau and had a prayer with empty stomach....felt like fasting again..Here's our family pictures during Raya Celebration in Bukit Sireh:




My happy family

No comments: