Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can Malaysian Make Money by Blogging? Part 1

I just started blogging less than a month ago. I am aware about blogging trend a very long time ago but I never tried because I am not a good writer especially in English and I don’t have idea or specific things to write about. But what surprised me recently is that when I search phrases like “How to make money online” in Google Search, Page 1 of Google Search gave me result mostly from bloggers.



This is actually my motivation to start blogging! The search result drives me crazy and urged my butt to sit tightly in front of my laptop for hours. I browsed featured blogs on “how to make money online” and finally settled with one blog, http://www.5xmom.com/: $Make $Money Blog – Truth, No Scam. This blog’s title already gave a good impression and part of page ranking strategy adopted by author Lilian Chan. She is a famous blogger from Penang and claimed that she is making five figures MYR from blogging!

Actually the first ranked search is http://www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com/ but when I browse it, I considered it as a spam because it looks so lame. I do not know why onlyinmalaysiamah was ranked #1 for this search since there is nothing interesting rather than whole-page advertising. Maybe the author knows how to beat the Google “Algo”. Opss….I will post about Algo in my next next next next posting.

Back to http://www.5xmom.com/, the author share with her audience about experience on getting a lot of money through blogging. She claimed that she is a housewife without much knowledge in IT and internet but yet what she did was reviewing online product and the advertisers pay her handsomely. Other than reviewing product (by posting in her blog), she also take part in advertising program such as Adsense, Chitika, Nuffnang, Advertlets, Amazon and etc. This pay-per-click program is actually a main resource for blogger especially Adsense because it is so easy that you just let your visitors (accidentally) click on advertisement by Google place in your blog and Google will pay you base on how many click you got!!! Amazing isn’t it? This is what I am looking for.

So start from there, I create Murshidism: New Era of Journalism.

To be continued….I need to fetch my daughter lah…!

1 comment:

jibeng said...

my 2 cent bro,
write away lah.

blogging is a mean to achieve things.so do take time to know what your thing is.

Blog Archive