Monday, February 6, 2012

Appleby Drop Point D2

My first knife for year 2012 and it is a custom made! Scored this one from a knife forums from another maker at a good price. This knife is a Appleby Drop Point D2 from Bob Appleby. The steel type is D2 with 4 inch blade and had knurled spine.

The handle is made from maroon micarta and it is polished to the 3D effect, tappered tang with white and black liners. The handle has two brass bolts and one brass hole liners. It comes with thick leather sheath in black color. Im not sure this one is heat treated by Paul Bos or not because the one that I saw in Bob's website saying that the heat treatment is from Paul Bos.


Overall length is 8 1/2 inches, overall Im happy with quality even though I did not order this piece directly from the maker with my one customization but it still a great utility knife, easy to handle and the weight is just nice for me :)

No comments: